Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Victoria...I Love You, Man !!"







Yesterday was a biz trip day for me, to lovely Victoria, TX. Highway 183 runs Southeast from Austin to the Corpus Christi area, via Victoria. As you may recall from your Texas History class, Corpus used to be the main port of entry into Texas, prior to the ascent of Houston, to that position. Apparently, Hwy 183 was also a historical route to and fro The Coastal Plains, the Central Texas venue and Northwesterly to the High Plain Region (back in the day, it was Indian Domain).
.
So, when I began noticing the ever increasing signage, yesterday, I then began to take heed. The stories and historical anecdotes outlined on them were surprisingly interesting. Here are three, of the many and they are basically self-explanatory. BTW, I would have taken better photos except, I swear, the redneck Bubbas kept "buzzing" me with their pick-ups as I stood on the highway's shoulder, trying to frame these shots. Bee-ass-tards !!
.
Check them out, if you are in the area. They are cool, indeed...the signs, that is.

No comments: